Braintree's Home page: http://www.braintreepaymentsolutions.com
1. First, set up your Braintree account:
With Braintree, you will need two separate accounts:
- a live account for normal use: https://www.braintreegateway.com
- a sandbox account for testing: https://sandbox.braintreegateway.com
2. Login to your boutique’s SupaDupa Back office and go to Shop Settings → Shop
3. Scroll down to the Credit Card Gateway section.
4. Toggle to YES for Credit Card Gateway
5. Select 'Braintree' from the drop down list of payment gateways
6. Enter the following details in the corresponding spaces provided.
These are your Braintree account details issued to you when you setup a Braintree account:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Account ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
The Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key can be located on your Braintree account home page.
You can locate your Merchant Account ID as follows:
a: Log into your Braintree account
b: Click on "Settings" in the top right hand corner of your screen
c: Click on "Processing"
d: Scroll down to the bottom of the page
e: Under the Merchant Accounts section, copy the merchant account code associated with the currency you are using in your boutique (indicated in the image below). When copying the Merchant ID please note to just include the code and exclude the (default)
The credentials for the Live account and the Sandbox account are different, so please ensure you are using the right ones depending on whether you are configuring your account for testing or for live usage.
Importantly: be sure your SupaDupa store currency matches the currency of your Braintree merchant account. As stated in the Braintree documentation, "each merchant account can only process a single currency".
6. Click to SAVE CHANGES
Testing: making sure your Braintree gateway works correctly
To verify that your Braintree payment gateway is set up correctly, we always recommend placing a real order through your checkout. This way you can confirm that everything is configured correctly and transactions are being processed as expected.
However, if you simply want to simulate what your customers do at the checkout or just wish to familiarise yourself with how transactions are displayed within your newly created Braintree account, then we recommend using your sandbox settings and setting your Braintree gateway options to Test Mode.
Test order which will simulate what your customers do at the checkout.
Placing A Test Order In Test Mode:
Once you have added your Sandbox credentials to your boutique and switched the Test Mode? toggle to YES, you can simply place an order though your boutique as per normal, using the test cards listed below.
- Proceed to add items to your basket and proceed to the checkout.
- At the checkout use one of the Test card numbers listed below.
Be sure to select an appropriate card type that is supported by your Braintree merchant account.
- Enter any valid details into the Security Number, End Date and Name on Card fields
- Click on the Place Your Order button
- and that's it
Braintree Test card numbers: