During the checkout process, customers paying via PayPal may receive the following error message that prevents them from being able to complete their transaction:
The seller accepts encrypted web site payments only.
You cannot pay the seller through unencrypted buttons. Please contact your seller for more details.
This error is displayed because your PayPal account is configured to only accept payments from encrypted "PayPal buttons". Since your SupaDupa checkout is a fully hosted and integrated shopping cart, it does not use the standard PayPal buttons so this feature is not required.
To Turn Off the PayPal Encrypted Website Payments Feature
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the "Profile" subtab.
- In the Selling Preferences column, click "Website Payment Preferences" link.
- Scroll down to the "Encrypted Website Payments" section.
- Next to the Block Non-encrypted Website Payment label, select the "Off".
- Click Save.