The ease of Paypal is not having to input address/personal details.
But, with SupaDupa, to progress to the Paypal login page it is a requirement to fill in your details, could it be an option to skip input of details if you are a Paypal account holder?
We have very specific reasons to have chosen to take the customer details, these can be summarised as follows:
1/. Allow SupaDupa members as store owners to decide where they want to ship to specifically and how much you want to charge for those destinations. Some store owners prefer to leave out destinations such as Nigeria and Bulgaria for example due to rife fraud in those countries.
...and at the same time
2/. Be able to automatically calculate the correct shipping fee on the order *before* the customer agrees to proceed with payment - so there are no surprises in the post payment stages where potentially there will be an additional charge for shipping were it not calculated upfront.
3/. Allow the customer to decide where they want their order to be shipped to independently of their Paypal address as in the case of gifts, work addresses etc.We deliberated over this at length, seeing as it is exponentially more involved than simply passing on the *Item* values to Paypal and letting the rest of the order details be handled by a detached platform.
We deliberated over this at length, seeing as it is exponentially more involved than simply passing on the *Item* values to Paypal and letting the rest of the order details be handled by a detached platform.
We think that implementing this type of approach lends to:
* a far better customer experience (because their spending is predictable and clear)
* therefore reflects kindly on you as the store owner (which helps in your brand perception)
* keeps our members, store owners, in control of their shipping destinations and tariffs
* gives the customer a choice about where they want their goods shipped to
* ...and altogether (despite the additional form fields to fill) is a more seamless checkout process which has proven to result in surprisingly low abandonment rates.
Getting the balance right within the checkout process of expediency, security and certainty is something we are acutely aware of and have studied at length. The SupaDupa checkout process is an amalgamation of these results and have thus far proven to be very encouraging.