The following is a step-by-step guide to how to use your own domain for your online store for domains managed within BlueHost.
Within your Blue Hosting account, select the DNS Zone Editor icon in the Domains section.
- Select the domain you're modifying from the drop-down box and scroll down to the heading named Add DNS Record
- In the Host Record field add ‘www’
- Leave the TTL field at it's default setting
- Select CNAME, from the drop-down labeled Type
- In the Points To field, enter ‘mysupadupa.com’.
- Click on the Add Record button to create the record
- Go back to the Control Panel by Clicking on the Blue Host logo as seen in the top left hand corner of the page.
- Click the Redirects icon, in the Domains section of the cPanel. See below:
- From the Type menu you will need to choose Permanent 301.
(This step will ensure that those who visit with or without the 'www', would still be able to reach your store)
- Choose the domain name you would like to redirect, using the drop- down menu in this case example.com
- Enter the full URL of the page you will be redirecting to which is http://www.example.com.
Finally, your current redirects will looks something like this:
That's it - You're done!
Ok, now for the easy bit.
Return to your SupaDupa back office and go to the domains section located in Setting > Domains.
Click the green button to add a ‘NEW DOMAIN’.
Type in the domain you wish to add (remember to include the www) e.g. www.example.com
Click the button to SAVE CHANGES.
You will be returned to the domains list where you should now click on toggle beside your custom domain and set the default domain name for your online store. See below: